Player of the Week
Riley Mahan, Kentucky
- Kentucky's Riley Mahan had a white-hot week in four games, hitting .667 and reaching base in 13 of 18 plate appearances (.722 OBP).
- Mahan was 10-for-15 on the week with seven extra-base hits and 1.600 slugging percentage.
- In a critical three-game series sweep of Tennessee, Mahan proved a one-man wrecking crew: 9-for-13 (.692), two doubles, one triple, three home runs, six runs and eight RBI. He had three hits in each game against the Vols.
Pitcher of the Week
Alex Lange, LSU
- LSU's Alex Lange turned in a brilliant effort on Thursday, firing a five-hit shutout to defeat 13th-ranked Auburn.
- Lange, who did not allow an Auburn player to advance beyond second base, threw 118 pitches, issued no walks and collected nine strikeouts in the outing, which marked his second career shutout.
- Lange, who also had a complete game last week against South Carolina, became the first LSU pitcher to record back-to-back complete games since 2013.
Freshman of the Week
Chris Cornelius, Missouri
- Missouri's Chris Cornelius registered four extra base hits to help lead the Tigers to a series win against South Carolina.
- He got Mizzou back in Saturday's game with a big RBI double off the wall in center to cut the lead to 3-2 in the fifth inning, the rally that sparked Mizzou's comeback in that game as the Tigers rallied from down 3-1 to win, 5-3.
- Cornelius also sparked the rally in the Sunday's 5-3 win, doubling off the top of the wall to open Mizzou's three-run eighth inning.