Joe Burrow, QB, LSU
- Tied a school-record with 5 TD passes - all in the first half - of LSU's season-opening 55-3 win over Georgia Southern. He's first player in LSU history to throw 5 TD passes in a half
- Completed 23-of-27 passes for 278 yards as the Tigers scored the most points in a season-opening contest since 2000
- Burrow has now set or tied school-records in three straight games dating back to last season (6 TDs accounted for vs. Texas A&M in week 12; 4 passing TDs in Fiesta Bowl vs. UCF; 5 passing TDs in week 1 vs. Georgia Southern).
- Led LSU to TD drives on its first five possessions of contest as the Tigers led 42-3 at halftime.
- His 85.2 completion percentage (23-of-27) ranks No. 5 in school history in a same game (20 or more attempts).
Tua Tagovailoa, QB, Alabama
- The junior quarterback accounted for 351 total yards (336 passing/15 rushing) Completed 83.9 percent of his passes (26 of 31) for 336 yards and four scores
- Turned in a 217.5 quarterback efficiency rating Averaged 12.9 yards per completion 10.8 yards per attempt
- Completed both of his third down passes to convert third downs
- Completed 12 straight passes in the second and third quarters
- Completed passes to nine different receivers, including five wideouts, two tight ends and two running backs
Jeremiah Dinson, DB, Auburn
- Registered a team-high 13 tackles with 2.0 tackles for loss (minus 7 yards) and 1.0 sacks (minus 6 yards) in the Tigers' win over No. 11 Oregon.
- Led an Auburn defense that kept Oregon off the scoreboard in 11 of its final 12 drives and just 156 yards in the final three quarters.
Rodrigo Blankenship, PK, Georgia
- Was a perfect 3-for-3 on field goals as well as on extra points during his team's 30-6 victory at Vanderbilt.
- His field goals included a 50 yarder making him 4-for-5 from 50 or more yards in his career.
- His school record 157th consecutive PAT also moved him to No. 3 on the SEC's all-time list and striking distance to the No. 2 spot with Murray State arriving on Saturday.
Andrew Thomas, OT, Georgia
- Graded out at 92 percent and had five knockdowns during the Bulldogs' 30-6 win at Vanderbilt from his left tackle spot.
- In addition to allowing no sacks of Jake Fromm, Thomas and his unit helped pile up 481 total yards, including 325 on the ground and 149 from D'Andre Swift.
- Fromm had time to complete passes to eight different targets.
Jonathan Greenard, DL, Florida
- Greenard recorded 1.5 sacks and six tackles, including two for a loss of five yards, in his Gators debut.
- Was one of four Gators to finish with at least 1.5 sacks on Saturday night.
- Greenard also played a key role in a Gators defense that held Miami to 2 of 13 (15.4%) on third downs.
- The only opponent Florida held under 16 percent on third down last season was Florida State (1 of 14).
DJ Dale, NT, Alabama
- In the true freshman's first career game earned Alabama defensive player of the week accolades for his play in the trenches
- Accounted for three with a half of a tackle for loss, which came on the first play of his career
- Anchored a defensive line that allowed just 107 rushing yards on 32 carries while consistently pushing the pocket in the passing game
- The Crimson Tide defense surrendered just 11 first downs and three points
Bo Nix, QB, Auburn
- The first Auburn true freshman quarterback to start in a season opener since Travis Tidwell in 1946, led Auburn to a come-from-behind win against No. 11 Oregon
- Connected with Seth Williams on a 26-yard TD pass with :09 left in the fourth quarter to account for the winning score. 4-of-6 passing on the game-winning drive and converted a 4th-and-3 rushing on the drive.
- Helped lead Auburn to its biggest come-from-behind victory (15-point deficit) since the 2010 Alabama game (24-point deficit)
- Passed for 177 yards and two touchdowns.