The Nation's Best Coaches
- Thirteen of the 14 SEC coaches have led their teams to the NCAA Tournament. The one not included in that list is entering his first season coaching collegiately and was previously named NBA G League Coach of the Year.
- Eleven SEC coaches have taken their teams to the Sweet 16, nine have advanced to the Elite Eight and six have gone on to the Final Four.
- Six SEC coaches - Bruce Pearl, Tom Crean, John Calipari, Ben Howland, Frank Martin and Rick Barnes - have been head coaches in the Final Four with two winning national championships.
- The coaches have combined for 220 seasons of head coaching experience, more than 4,800 career wins, 55 conference titles and 117 NCAA Tournament appearances.
The Nation's Best Players
- 70 players from SEC schools were on 2019-20 NBA Opening Day rosters. All 14 SEC schools were represented and at least one SEC player was on 26 of 30 NBA rosters.
- Twelve SEC players were picked at the 2019 NBA Draft, including six who were chosen in the first round.
- The 2018 NBA Draft marked the third time (1988 and 2015) that the SEC had four lottery picks in a single NBA Draft.
- The SEC has had at least five first round NBA Draft picks in four of the last five years.
- LSU's Ben Simmons was drafted No. 1 overall in the 2016 NBA Draft. He is the fifth SEC player to be picked first overall in the draft and the fourth in the last nine years.
- The SEC's 26 Lottery Picks since 2010 are the second-most of any conference.
- Over the last 10 NBA Drafts, 76 SEC players have heard their names called. Forty-five of those were selected in the first round and four were the No. 1 overall pick.
- The SEC's 15 NCAA Tournament selections since 2018 are second-most in the nation.
- The SEC's eight NCAA Tournament selections in 2018 are the most in league history.
- The SEC's 10 teams advancing to postseason play in 2018 (8 NCAA, 2 NIT) ties for the most in league history. In 2001, six SEC teams received NCAA Tournament invites while four participated in the NIT.
- SEC teams are 67-36 (64.1 percent) in the NCAA Tournament since 2012.
- SEC teams are 37-12 (75.5 percent) in postseason opening games since 2014.
- The SEC has had at least one team advance to the Sweet 16 in 29 of the last 30 tournaments. All of the SEC's 14 members have advanced to the Sweet 16 since 1996.
- The SEC has had a team in the Final Four in six of the last nine tournaments.
- Eight different SEC teams (Arkansas, Auburn, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, LSU, Mississippi State and South Carolina) have appeared in the Final Four.
- Every team in the SEC has made at least one NCAA Tournament appearance in the last five editions of the NCAA Tournament.
- LSU's Skylar Mays was named the 2020 CoSIDA Academic All-America of the Year. He was a two-time first team CoSIDA Academic All-America (2019 and 2020).
- A total of 73 men's basketball students were named to the 2018-19 SEC Academic Honor Rolls for having a grade point average of 3.00 or above for either the preceding academic year or a cumulative grade point average of 3.00 or above.
- 362 men's basketball students have been named to the SEC's Academic Honor Rolls over the last five years.