Bryce Young, QB, Alabama
- The sophomore quarterback shined in his first career start leading Alabama to a 44-13 victory over No. 14 Miami in the Chick-fil-A Kickoff Classic
- Young threw for 344 yards and four touchdowns in his first career start
- Set Alabama records for yards and touchdowns by a quarterback in their first career start (passing Jalen Hurts 287 yards in 2016 & 3 TDs by Mac Jones in 2019 & Joe Namath in 1962)
- He completed 71.1 percent of his passes (27-of-38) while recording a passer rating of 181.8
- Averaged 9.1 yards per attempt and 12.7 yards per completion
- Found transfer junior Jameson Williams for a 94-yard touchdown on third down early in the third quarter, tying for the second longest touchdown pass in school history
- Young was outstanding on third down, completing 8-of-10 passes for 157 yards, seven first downs and two touchdowns
Christopher Smith, S, Georgia
- Smith scored the game's only touchdown on a 74-yard interception return to highlight the Bulldogs' 10-3 win No. 2 Clemson in Charlotte, N.C.
- His first career pick broke open a 0-0 tie late in the second quarter as the Bulldog defense kept the Tigers scoreless in the first half and to only 180 total yards on the day
- Smith finished with three stops and was part of a secondary that gave Georgia's front seven time to collect seven sacks
Will Reichard, PK, Alabama
- Reichard turned in another perfect night kicking the football in the Tide's win
- Connected on all three field goal attempts, hitting from 38, 51 and 40 yards
- Accounted for 11 total points, making all five extra point attempts
- Kicked off seven times, forcing seven touchbacks while averaging 62.9 yards per kickoff
Jordan Davis, NG, Georgia
- Davis started his 20th game during the Bulldogs' 10-3 win over No. 2 Clemson in Charlotte, N.C., and anchored a tremendous effort on the front with three tackles, including two tackles for loss and a sack
- Led by Davis on the line, Georgia allowed just 180 total yards, including only two on the ground, as the Tigers scored their lowest point total since 2007
- Davis' sixth career sack was one of seven by the Bulldogs during the game as they tallied their fifth win all-time versus a No. 2 opponent
Zachary Carter, DL, Florida
- Had 4 tackles (3 solo), 3 TFL (25 yards), forced a fumble and a career high 3 sacks.
- Tied for second most sacks (3.0) and eighth in TFL (3.0) in week 1 by a player in the FBS
- Tied for the lead in forced fumbles (1) in the SEC.
- Carter's first-quarter sack that resulted in a forced fumble gave him double-digit sacks for his career - 12.5 career sacks and 20.5 tackles for loss
Kenyon Green, OL, Texas A&M
- The lone returning starter on the offensive front, the All-American offensive lineman made his first start at right tackle and helped pave the way for a net of 303 rushing yards and protected the quarterback on 33 passes.
- The Aggies did not punt during the game and the offensive unit was successful on nine of 13 third-down conversion attempts.
Luke Fortner, C, Kentucky
- Helped UK amass 564 yards total offense in UK's 45-10 win over ULM
- In his first game at center after converting from guard
- Totaled four knockdown blocks, eight blocks at the point of attack, and did not allow a sack
- Kentucky had a 300-yard passer, two 100-yard receivers and a 100-yard rusher in a game for the first time since 2006
Debo Williams, LB, South Carolina
- The redshirt freshman, playing in his first collegiate game, was credited with a pair of blocked punts in the Gamecocks' 46-0 win over Eastern Illinois.
- He registered a block in both the first and second quarters, each setting up Carolina with good field position which resulted in touchdowns on both occasions.
Caden Costa, PK, Ole Miss
- Drilled three field goals, including a 47-yarder, in his Rebel debut, helping Ole Miss past Louisville.
- The 47-yarder marked the longest by a Rebel kicker since 2017, and the three FGs are the most since 2018.
- Added four PATs and a special teams tackle.
- Also averaged 62.0 yards on seven kickoffs.